The following is a not-exactly-comprehensive list of things that happened 25 years ago.
- OJ Simpson becomes the first Heisman Trophy winner to be inducted in the Football Hall of Fame
- Steve Wozniak leaves Apple Computer
- New Coke is introduced
- I graduated high school – barely
- Route 66 ceases to be an official highway
- Delta Airlines Lockheed L-1011 crashes at Dallas/Ft. Worth airport, killing 137
- In New York City, mafia bosses Paul Castellano and Thomas Bilotti are shot, making John Gotti the head of the Gambino crime family
- Coca-cola reintroduces old cola formula as Coke Classic
Remember a couple years ago when I said I was going to the next high school reunion? I don’t know what I was thinking! I’m trying to talk a couple friends into going with me so that my social anxiety doesn’t overwhelm me, but even if they flake on me … I’m going.
I’m not where I want to be in my life, but really, who is? I could be skinnier. I could be richer. But when I think about it … I really couldn’t be happier. I must have said this a gazillion times over the years, but it is completely sincere: I am exactly where I need to be in my life. We all have to travel our own path and it takes us all to different places. My success has never been measured by my bank account, but by the people and the joy in my life. I know I’m a sarcastic goat at times, but if I were honest, I would have to say that this is the happiest, most joyous time in my life. I’m looking forward to reconnecting with old friends – and maybe making some new ones, too.