I got suckered into a meme again. This one is kind of fun, though. Penelope interviewed me and asked 5 questions. I’m sure it’s all stuff you’re dying to know.
1. If you could speak to your 18-year old self, what major advice would you give her?
This is a two-part answer. First, I’d tell myself not to sleep with the guy I was dating. Because, well … ewww. What was I thinking? Second, I would tell myself to go to school. Even going to a junior college would have completely changed my life and saved me a lot of time and trouble. It isn’t so much the education (although that’s important) but the confidence I would have gained at a much earlier point in my life.
2. What is the first thing you would buy if you won a million dollars?
A car that had an automatic starter. The second thing I would buy is a trip to a fat farm to get back in shape. A million bucks doesn’t go as far as it used to – I’d probably invest most of it. I’m not very materialistic – I have most of what I want. The things I need are mental, emotional and spiritual.
3. The year is 2010. What are you doing?
I’ve finished my degree and am working in IT, working my way up to my dream job – network administrator. I’m also dating a hot brunette who thinks I’m the shit.
4. What single person has had the biggest impact on your life and how?
My grandmother (although she wasn’t single). She was my mother’s step-mom (my “real” grandmother died before I was born). She taught me a lot, but the biggest lesson I learned from her is that family isn’t always defined by blood. She challenged me and talked to me like a person and always treated me as if I were her own. She was very sick in the last years of her life and didn’t get out much. She made the effort to come to my wedding and she was at the reception briefly; she did that for me, because it was important to me. My dad’s parents, who were in reasonable health? Couldn’t be bothered to show up.
5. What would surprise people about you if they met you, having only known you from your blog?
I’m very short. I think people would be surprised by that because I think I write “tall.” I think the biggest thing is that I am quiet and shy in “real life.” I’m just as opinionated as I am on the blog, but I am not usually confrontational and I say less than a quarter of what I am thinking. This has led people to believe I am spineless, which is just fine with me.
I got a bonus question because I’m special.
6. If we got drunk together and I got sick, would you hold my hair?
If you want to play along, leave a comment and ask to be interviewed and I’ll think of 5 questions to ask. Remember, I’ll take the opportunity to be evil, so be careful.
Put your answers on your blog, then copy and paste the stuff below and link back to the original post, which for me was Penelope’s post here
Put the rest of the rules in your post:
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.