After the incredible displays of incompetence that I was treated to by the school financial counselors last February and March, I really shouldn’t be surprised that I was given incorrect information. Again. It turns out that I can do most of my classes on campus if I want (unless he’s wrong, in which case I will have him killed). The only classes I absolutely have to take online are the core networking courses. I was worried about the three programming classes that will be required. I had a hell of a time with programming the first time around and got my lowest grade in one of them. I don’t care if I still got a B, for me it was a low grade.Β  πŸ˜› And the reason it wasn’t a C is that I tried so hard and called the instructor and asked questions.

So I feel much better about enrolling. It’s scary, but … it’s also the only way I’m going to change my life.Β  We also got some information about the buy-out and the termination packages. The only problem is, I still don’t know I’m part of the buy-out or not. It’s frustrating as hell, so I am proceeding on the assumption that I will be unemployed in January. It’s easier that way. Then, if they decide to keep me, I will be pleasantly surprised.

I even sent out a few resumes, but haven’t gotten any nibbles. I used to talk a lot about destiny and how we always end up exactly where we are supposed to be. Back then, I didn’t know I was full of shit. However, I do still believe that showing up is 90% of life – and attitude is the other 10%. Throughout this whole gut-wrenching process I have known – really known – that this will work out. I even think it will work out better than I can possibly expect.

If I keep this up, I’m going to be kicked out of the Capricorn club. I’m almost optimistic.

Advertisements