I stole this from pseudotherapy because … well, because I could. And because I’m lazy. Also because I don’t have a creative bone in my body.
The original idea was to pick your 15 favorite movies, go to IMBD and find quotes from them and then let your readers guess the movies.
I didn’t want to pick 15 movies (see the ‘lazy’ comment above), so I only picked five. All five are from the 80’s (which probably says more about me than I want to know). No cheating. If you cheat, you won’t win the prize. Well, technically, there is no prize, but if you cheat you will feel bad.
- “When it comes to pain and suffering, she’s right up there with Elizabeth Taylor.”
- “I’m not going for all that macho shit, Jack. I was great. I should have my dick bronzed.”
- “I race cars, play tennis, and fondle women, BUT! I have weekends off and I am my own boss.”
- “You ain’t so bad, ain’t so bad. You ain’t nothin’! Come on, champ, hit me in the face!”
- “What do you have a fake ID for?” “So I can vote!”
Answer in the comments and I’ll add the title when someone gets it right. No tags (see? I’m seriously lazy), but if you want to play along on your site, lemme know.
Edit: If I were more smarter, I could add the title under the quote without screwing up the bullets and the entire format. But, because I was dropped on my head several times as a baby, my brain is mushy.
1. Steel Magnolias – Penelope got this one.
2. 48 Hours – Stuck got this one
3. Arthur – Technically, Stuck got it because he came up with the actor and the entire plot line, just not the name of the movie. He didn’t cheat, though, because he likes to feel good about himself. 🙂
4. Rocky III – Stuck again. But since there are 6 Rocky movies (including Rocky Balboa), I forgave him for not knowing exactly which one. He did name Mr. T, though, which totally counts because Mr T was only in Rocky III. Don’t ask me how I know who was in which movie. I could do a whole month of posts on the Rocky series.
5. The Breakfast Club – Stuckey apparently didn’t do anything in the 80’s but watch movies and listen to indie music.